Buddha Balls, Bliss Balls, Nut Balls, Energy Balls – I prefer to call mine truffles and put a positive affirmation with them. Introducing I Am Whole Truffles! This is actually the crust recipe for my raw apple pie, but I loved the crust so much I started rolling them into bite-sized truffles. These are made with whole foods and no sweeteners are added. All of the sweetness comes from the antioxidant rich dates. If you need a dose of healthy fats or your sweet tooth is calling, these are for you.
I AM WHOLE TRUFFLES
- 3/4 c shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/4 c flax meal
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches iodized sea salt
- 1 c pecans
- 1 c pitted dates
- 3 heaping Tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined. May have to pulse and scrape down the sides until the consistency is mushy.
- Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out a heaping spoonful into your hands (or I just pinch out a small amount with my fingers)
- Using the cup of your hand, form/roll into a truffle. May have to press together firmly to get ingredients to stick together, but once pressed together it holds its form.
- Store truffles in the refrigerator for up to 7 days (they will most likely be gone before then).
- Makes 12-15 truffles.
- Before serving garnish with an edible flower or fresh herb of your choice.