Here we are again with another flavor of the positive affirmation truffles! These got their name from the cocoa because cocoa triggers a release of endorphins and serotonin, which make us feel good. These moist, gooey, delicious truffles are naturally sweet from the mineral-rich pure maple syrup that takes the place of sugar in this recipe. The cocoa is rich in flavonoids or antioxidant compounds that help ward off inflammation and lower blood pressure. Cocoa is also abundant in health-boosting minerals like iron and zinc.
I AM LOVE Truffles
3 cups walnuts
1 1/2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup flax meal
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup (heaping 1/2 cup) cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Measure all ingredients into the food processor and blend until fine.
- Use fingers to grab about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and form into a ball in your hands (the mixture should be moist enough that it holds together with the pressure of forming into a ball shape between your hands and fingers).
- Continue forming into truffles until the mixture is used up.
- These can be made 2 to 3 days in advance.
- Depending on the size of your truffles, makes about 12-18 truffles.