This recipe is so delicious, filling, and easy. The hardest part is cutting the potato! This recipe makes these potatoes perfectly spiced, crispy on the outside, potato softness on the inside, and a side of vitamin C rich guacamole to dip them in. The secret ingredient that really makes the guacamole pop is freshly squeezed orange juice. Need I say more?
Ingredients for the Potato Wedges:
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- Optional for a kick – One pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, slice the potatoes into wedges. Try to cut the potatoes so they are an equal size in thickness so they will cook evenly.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with avocado oil. Toss them until well coated.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake the potatoes for roughly 30 minutes. Flipping them halfway through or until golden brown and crispy.
- While the potatoes are baking, mix the guacamole ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When the potatoes are finished baking, remove them from the sheet pan and place them in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle all over with sea salt, onion powder, chipotle pepper, and cayenne pepper. Toss until coated.
- Enjoy the potatoes with the guacamole!