This post is sponsored by ALDI but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
At ALDI, busy parents and students can shop fast and save money on all their weekly, healthy must-have snack items. ALDI offers a large selection of organic, non-GMO, and fresh produce snacks and its prices are among the most competitive in the grocery industry. Here are some of my family’s favorite snack items, and a couple of fun snack recipes you can make with your children, such as banana sushi rolls and apple nachos! I always try to include some kind of produce in children’s snacks such as fruit or vegetables for fiber, hydration, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. ALDI makes this easy to do with their affordable prices, plus some of their fresh produce is locally grown, organic, and it is always stocked daily!
Healthy Back to School Snack Ideas at ALDI
- Simply Nature White Cheddar Puffs + Southern Grove California Raisins
- Simply Nature Organic Popcorn + apple slices
- Celery sticks + Peanut Delight Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- Simply Nature Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips + Simply Nature Organic Salsa
- Simply Nature Organic Hummus + carrot sticks
- Simply Nature Baked Pea Crisps + Southern Grove Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Southern Grove Dry Roasted Peanuts + a banana
- Park Street Deli Avocado Verde Salsa + Simply Nature Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt + strawberries
- Simply Nature Grain Free Cookie Bites + cucumber slices
- 1 apple, sliced thinly (Choose your favorite variety – I used honey crisp.)
- ¼ cup Peanut Delight Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Reduced Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 handful of Baker’s Corner Mini Chocolate Chips\
- Arrange apple slices on a plate.
- Dollop peanut butter and yogurt over apple slices with a spoon.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Serve immediately.
- If you want to spread the peanut butter further, try melting it briefly in the microwave in order to drizzle it on instead of dollops.
- If allergic to peanut butter, can use almond butter or other nut or seed spreads, or even omit the peanut butter and just use yogurt.
- 1 Fit & Active Original Flatbread
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2-3 Tbsp. Peanut Delight Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- Spread peanut butter on one side of the flatbread.
- Peel banana, straighten it a bit (it is okay if it cracks apart a little bit), and place it at one end of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla up around the banana, trying to get it as tight as possible.
- Slice your banana sushi roll into ½ to 1 inch slice rounds.
- Serve immediately.
- Consider adding shredded, unsweetened coconut to the top (usually stocked in ALDI in the winter season).
- Serve with a glass of Simply Nature Organic Grassfed 2% Milk or Simply Nature Organic Soymilk since this snack can be chewy.